Position: Event Manager
Location: Land Alliance Office, 1395 Planting Fields Road, Oyster Bay, New York
Period: 4 days/week or as needed to execute events
Start Date: January 2018
Founded in 2003, the North Shore Land Alliance (Land Alliance) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit nationally-accredited land trust formed to protect and preserve, in perpetuity, the green spaces, farmlands, wetlands, groundwater and historical sites of Long Island’s North Shore for the enjoyment and benefit of present and future generations and the protection and enhancement of quality of life.
Summary of Position: The Event Manager will:
• Assist with planning and managing event logistics – vendors, mailing lists, invitations, collateral materials, auction items, tracking rsvps, acknowledgement letters, etc. – for the Golf and Tennis Outing and Annual Wine Auction and Dinner.
• Coordinate the efforts of committees organized in support of each event.
• Solicit, with the help of the committee, both live and silent auction items.
• Maintain and adhere to budgets for events including post event reconciliation and fulfillment
• Manage Heritage Committee efforts including communications and planning/execution of events.
• Utilize social media within organizational guidelines to promote events and other Land Alliance activities.
• Coordinate media relations efforts for events including press releases, publicity and substantive programming.
• BA Preferred
• Experience managing large events with 300+ people in attendance
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial and communication skills
• Knowledge of the North Shore philanthropic community
• Knowledge of social media, MS Office Suite and other event-related software
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written, and an ability to work with a diverse group
• Ability to organize time and work with minimum supervision
• Trustworthy, reliable and honest in handling confidential information
• Flexible and customer service oriented as the responsibilities of each day may be very different
• Able to provide own transportation.
To Apply: Please email your resume to Jennifer Contino at email@example.com along with your salary requirements and references.