POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
Position: Associate Director of Stewardship
Supervisor: Director of Stewardship
Location: 1395 Planting Fields Road, Oyster Bay, NY 11771
Period: Full-time including some weekend hours
Start Date: mid June 2018 or as soon as possible
Founded in 2003, the North Shore Land Alliance is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit nationally-accredited land trust formed to protect and preserve, in perpetuity, the green spaces, farmlands, wetlands, groundwater and historical sites of Long Island’s north shore for the enhancement of quality of life and benefit of future generations.
Summary of Position: The Associate Director of Stewardship will:
- Assist with preserve management, maintenance and implementation of new stewardship projects. Coordinate O’Neil Stewards college internship program.
- Assist with development of baseline documentation and annual easement monitoring.
- Work with other staff to oversee Food Conference and community garden projects.
- Assist with stewardship volunteer effort.
- Assist with coordination of our water education program for schools.
- Develop preserve maps.
- Expertise in natural resources management.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, and an ability to work with a variety of people in a small space.
- Ability to organize time and work with a minimum of daily supervision.
- Trustworthy, reliable and honest in handling confidential information.
- Flexible as the responsibilities of each day may be very different.
- Must be able to provide own transportation.
Please email resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Associate Director of Stewardship in the subject line.