When you become a member of the North Shore Land Alliance, you become a part of protecting and preserving, in perpetuity, the green spaces, farmlands, wetlands, groundwater and historical sites of Long Island’s north shore for the enhancement of quality of life and enjoyment and benefit of future generations.
Your support enables the Land Alliance to continually engage in projects that protect land and water, restore natural habitats, expand public access and provide educational programs like our Walks in the Woods, Long Island Water Education Program, and the O’Neil Stewards Program, which trains the next generation of conservationist leaders. Your support also enables us to leverage member contributions to unlock matches from both public and private foundations.
Please join our growing community of local conservationists and help protect and preserve those special places that make Long Island such a great place to live. Click here to become a member or continue your support by renewing your membership
Benefits of Becoming a Member:
- A Sense of Giving Back – Together, we are saving important places that benefit our economy, community health and enjoyment. And, at the same time, we are leaving a priceless legacy for future generations that will live on after we are gone.
- Satisfaction – Know that you are a part of ongoing efforts to protect important groundwater recharge areas, wetlands that filter harmful pollution from our beaches and bays and forested areas that clean our air and provide important habitat for plants and animals as well as historical places that maintain community character.
- Healthy, Fun Activities – Take part in the many walks, lectures and volunteer opportunities made possible through Land Alliance memberships while engaging with like-minded people of all ages who care about protecting our local environment.
Your membership also provides you with the following:
- Conservation News – Learn more about local conservation issues through our bi-annual newsletter.
- Free Walks in the Woods and Educational Seminars – Take part in a dozen or more expertly guided walks through both public and private open spaces as well as interesting lectures and educational ours.
- Action Alerts and Invitations to Special Events – Receive timely conservation-related information ranging from things to do to advocacy action alerts to invitations to special events and lectures when you sign up to receive Land Alliance emails.
- Special Member Discounts – Receive special discounts at local businesses as they become available.
- Acknowledgement in our Annual Report and Voting Rights – You’ll be invited to attend and vote at the Land Alliance Annual Members Meeting.
If you have questions about our membership program, please contact North Shore Land Alliance at (516) 626-0908 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.